University of Arkansas

Walton College

The Sam M. Walton College of Business

Peinkofer to Join Michigan State Supply Chain Faculty

image description of the featured image goes here
February 17, 2016

Share this via:

Simone Peinkofer, who is scheduled to complete her doctoral degree at the Sam M. Walton College of Business in May, will become an assistant professor of supply chain management at Michigan State University in the fall.

“I am excited about joining the supply chain management faculty at Michigan State this fall,” Peinkofer said. “This is an outstanding opportunity for me to become part of a team of very well-respected and top-published scholars in the field. I already am looking forward to working with my new colleagues and getting engaged in research with them.”

Peinkofer also holds an M.B.A. from Colorado State University-Pueblo and a bachelor’s degree from the Technical University of Munich.

“I am very grateful for all the support that I have received from the supply chain management faculty at the Walton College over the past four years,” she said. “Without their dedication and passion to mentoring Ph.D. students to become successful members of the academic community I wouldn’t be who I am as a scholar and teacher.”

At Michigan State, Peinkofer plans to continue her research into retail supply chain management. Her research thus far has focused on merging marketing and operation/supply chain constructs and concepts to develop two major streams of research. Her dissertation investigates the importance and impacts of omni-channel fulfillment operations for successful retail supply chain management by considering three different echelons in the supply chain – retailer, supplier and consumer.

While a Ph.D. student, she published a paper in the Journal of Business Logistics entitled “Consumer Response to Out-of-Stocks of Price Promoted Items” and has another forthcoming in Special Topics Forum at the Journal of Business Logistics.

Walton College

Walton College of Business

Since its founding at the University of Arkansas in 1926, the Sam M. Walton College of Business has grown to become the state's premier college of business – as well as a nationally competitive business school. Learn more...

Recent Posts