JAEL FIELDS – EMBA CLASS OF 2015

Jael loves the quote, “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet”-Aristotle

Jael, the youngest of eight siblings, knows what he wants and is motivated by his faith and family to achieve his goals regardless of any hurdles. “Having a supportive family and the desire to want to enhance my skillset and quality of life means I will have to make sacrifices. Making sacrifices now will allow me to enjoy rewards later.”

Jael FieldsWith a busy professional life, and a family to look out for, Jael spent two years researching programs before finally choosing to join the Walton College.

“I chose the Walton Executive MBA program for the prestige, reputation, and quality that the program is known for globally. The blended delivery format allows for flexibility, which is important to me as a full-time professional.”

Jael’s work experience is extensive. His career started in Iowa, his home state, with IBP (Iowa Beef Processors). A few years after the company was acquired by Tyson Foods, Jael relocated to NWA as a Senior Buyer. Then, in 2008, he left NWA to pursue a new opportunity with HNI Corporation. After a period of time at HNI, Jael returned to NWA to work for Sam’s Club in inventory management and logistics. Five years later, Jael now works for The Hain Celestial Group managing replenishment, logistics, and sales analytics.

JaelFieldsPresentationJael says the knowledge and new business perspectives he has gained further validates his decision to pursue his MBA at the Walton College. He says his professional background biases him a little in choosing Supply Chain Management as his favorite class. “The caliber of professionals, peers, and mentors are motivators that have been critical to my success. The faculty are unmatched. The professors’ passions for their respective disciplines are evident, and that for me translated into an environment that literally transformed the way I learned and how I applied the concepts and methodology in business.”

His advice for future students, “Know what you want. Be prepared to stretch yourself in order to achieve your goals. Do not expect handouts, and know you have to earn every grade.

“As an individual you have to know what you want, where you are going, and how you will get there.”