On Tuesday, April 25, the Upsilon Alpha Chapter of the Alpha Iota Delta International Honor Society inducted 23 members into its recently reactivated inaugural class. The University of Arkansas Upsilon Alpha Chapter initiates are:
- Juniors: Emily Cook, Rae McCarrick, and Stuart Welsch
- Seniors: Mason Cain, Hannah Huber, Paige Ooton, Sebastian Salonen, Candida Xoumphonephackdy, and Michael York
- Graduate: Brian Bopp, Timothy Broadaway, Miranda Corwin, Joshua Deshazer, Ashwin Dsouza, Peiwen Duan, Srinivasa Niharika Bhargavi Kavuri, Neels Kulshrestha, Nickalas Lenz, Blake Malpass, Trishala Patne, Terrill Standifer, and Rekha Swaminathan
- Honorary: David Douglas, Ph.D.
Alpha Iota Delta is the international honor society, formed in 1971 by members of the Decision Sciences Institute, for decision sciences and information systems. The purposes of the honor society are threefold:
- To confer distinction for academic excellence in the decision sciences and information systems,
- To promote the infusion of the functional and behavioral areas of administration with the tools, concepts, and methodologies of the decision sciences and information systems, and
- To promote interest in the disciplines of decision sciences and information systems.
To be eligible for induction, undergraduate students must have:
- Completed four or more courses in analytics, decision sciences, information systems, or supply chain management.
- Completed four semesters of college work.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Evidence of service to institution and/or community.
- High ethical and moral ideals.
Graduate students must have met the same criteria as undergraduate students while also obtaining and maintaining a minimum 4.0 GPA.
Paul Cronan and Susan Bristow officiated the induction ceremony. Cronan, who holds the M.D. Matthews Chair in Information Systems, is the incumbent president of the Alpha Iota Delta International Honor Society. Bristow, assistant department chair in the Department of Information Systems, serves as the faculty adviser for the chapter. This was the inaugural induction ceremony for the recently reactivated Upsilon Alpha Chapter. Cronan presented the chapter with a foundation plaque on behalf of the Alpha Iota Delta International Honor Society.
David Douglas, who holds the Walton Professorship in Information Systems, was inducted as an honorary member of the chapter in recognition of his service to the University of Arkansas and to the profession of information systems.
Contact faculty adviser Susan Bristow at SBristow@walton.uark.edu if you would like more information about the Upsilon Alpha Chapter of the Alpha Iota Delta International Honor Society.